Date: July 5-25, 2020
Venue: Cadi Ayyad University, Marrakesh, Morocco
The African School of Physics (ASP) aims to improve knowledge, capacity development and retention of African students. To this end, the school builds synergy between theory, experiment and practical applications, for a solid education in Africa. ASP develops these aspects of scientific disciplines through a coherent program that promotes networking and Africa-led partnerships.
With ASP, we expect to achieve sustainable training in Africa by encouraging investments in research and development, and international cooperation. Through this work, we hope that the community of scientists who are at the forefront of science is enhanced and diversified thus fulfilling the mission of international research and education.
- Nuclear and Particle Physics;
- Astrophysics and Cosmology;
- Accelerators, Radiation and Medical Physics;
- Materials Physics;
- High Performance Computing;
- Physics Education;
- Physics Communication;
- Renewable Energies and Energy Efficiency;
- Quantum Information.
- Lectures, tutorials and workshops for the selected students, July 6-24, 2020;
- Outreach for secondary school pupils, July 13-17, 2020;
- Workshop for high school teachers, July 20-24, 2020;
- Second Biennial African Conference on Fundamental Physics and Applications (ACP), to attract ASP alumni, international participants, education and research faculties not directly involved in ASP, July 20-24, 2020;
- ASP Forum to discuss capacity development & retention, July 22, 2020.
Students—with a minimum of 3-year university education in fundamental and applied physics—who had not attended the ASP before, may apply here:
Priority will be given to students at African universities. Selected students will receive travel coverage and full room & board.
We invite all researchers interested in science in Africa on the aforementioned topics to submit abstracts for consideration for oral or poster presentations at the ACP:
ASP has no funds to cover ACP participants; they are encouraged to seek full travel coverage before registering.
For full information, please visit https://www.
International Organizing Committee:
Local Organizing Committee:
International Advisory Committee: