SAIP is SAQA registered professional body hence it can also provide critical skills letters required for the application of a Critical Skills VISA and Permanent Residence Permits to Professional Physicists and Professional Physical (Pr.Phys) and Professional Industrial and Physical Science Technologists (Pr.PhysTECH). .
An application for a Critical Skills Work Visa has to be accompanied by proof that the applicant falls within the critical skills category and the following;
1. A confirmation, in writing, from the professional body, council or board recognised by the South African Qualifications Association (SAQA), in terms of Section 13(1)(i) of the National Qualifications Framework Act, or any relevant government department confirming the skills or qualifications of the applicant and appropriate post qualification experience.
2. If required by law, proof of application for a certificate of registration with the professional body, Council or board recognised by SAQA in terms of Section 13(1)(i) of the National Qualifications Framework Act.
3. Proof of evaluation of the foreign qualification by SAQA and translated by a sworn translator into one of the official languages of the Republic.
SAIP can provide you with the confirmations you require to comply with requirements 1 and 2 above.
Required Documentation for Critical Skills Letter Request
• Completed and signed forms required for either becoming Pr.Phys and Pr.PhysTECH
• Detailed CV
• Details of field you expect to be employed/working in
• Tertiary education certificates and academic record - certified copies
• SAQA certificate if qualifications are non South African